Greenstein, Rogoff, Olsen & Co., LLP (GROCO), is a full service Certified Public Accounting firm with offices in Fremont (near BART) and Palo Alto (in the heart of Silicon Valley). We currently are seeking a Tax Intern.
For over 50 years, GROCO has consistently ranked as one of the top accounting firms in the San Francisco Bay Area. Recognized as a “Best Place to Work”, this is an exceptional career opportunity for the right tax preparer We offer a wonderful work environment and interesting work on everything from simple, to very complex, high net-worth tax returns.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns
- Organize and prepare work papers for tax returns
- Perform tax research and learn tax laws
- Work effectively with staff on assigned projects
- Demonstrate ability to perform responsibilities timely and effectively
- Exhibit a professional, cooperative attitude in working with individuals
Qualifications / Requirements
- Above average proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills in working with staff and clients.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and business.
- Completion of or current enrollment in Bachelor’s degree in accounting program (Master’s degree of Science in Taxation preferred)
- Self-starter, dependable, works well on a team.
- Passed CPA exams would be preferred
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Established in 1964, Greenstein, Rogoff, Olsen & Co., LLP consistently ranks as one of the top accounting firms in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Fremont, Palo Alto and San Francisco. Primary services include income tax planning, income tax preparation, strategic business consulting, business valuations, bill paying, estate planning, estate administration, trustee services and financial statement preparation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce and a healthy work/life balance.
We thank all who express interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.