Details of Patterns of Reorganization
Type “A” Reorganization consists of
Both involve the acquisition of one company’s assets by another.
• Target transfers its assets and liabilities to Acquiring in exchange for part of Acquiring Corporation’s stock.
• Target exchanges the Acquiring stock received for all of its shareholders’ Target stock, and Target dissolves.
• After the reorganization, Target Corporation no longer exists and Target shareholders are now shareholders of Acquiring Corporation.
• T1 and T2 transfer their assets to C in exchange for C’s stock.
• T1 and T2 exchange the C stock received for the T1 and T2 stock held by their shareholders, and then TI and T2 dissolve.
• After the reorganization, T1 and T2 no longer exist, and the T1 and T2 shareholders are now shareholders of C Corporation.
The end result of an “A” reorganization, merger or consolidation, is one surviving corporation. It may be undesirable where management of the acquiring corporation does not want to combine the assets of its corporation with those of the target. A possible solution would be for the acquiring corporation to create a new subsidiary and transfer the assets of the target company to the newly formed (or existing) subsidiary in a nontaxable § 3 5 1 exchange.
Interview Transcript, Scott Donnell – Helping Kids Understand Money: Introduction of Scott & Alan: Alan Olsen: Hi, this is Alan Olsen and welcome to American Dreams. My guest today is Scott. Donnell. Scott, welcome to today’s show. Scott Donnell: Good to be here, Alan. Thanks for having me. Alan Olsen: So Scott,…
Episode Transcript of: Chad Willardson – Teaching Kids Values Alan Olsen: Welcome to American Dreams I visit here today with Chad Willerdson. Chad, welcome to today’s show. Chad Willardson: Thank you appreciate you having me on. Alan Olsen: So Chad, you’ve done some remarkable things in the world of financial planning,…
Avoid Tax Audit, Tips 4, 5, & 6 (of 10) From our series of the top 10 ways to avoid a tax audit, we thought we would go into greater detail as to how our list was created and delve into each suggestion. Today we will address the top three tips from our article posted…
Interview Transcript, Heeten Doshi – The New Age of Investing: Introduction of Heeten & Alan: Alan Olsen: Welcome to American Dreams. My guest today is Heeten Doshi. Heeten, Welcome to today’s show! Heeten Doshi: Thank you very much for having me. Alan Olsen: So it’s always exciting to have an entrepreneur coming…