5 Ways to Successfully Network
5 Ways to Successfully Network
Word of mouth is no longer the only networking option. As technology and the business world develop, so do networking opportunities. As consequence of our current recession, the recent rise of unemployment rates has caused many individuals to turn to more self-sufficient ways of making a living by starting their own business. If this is a road that you are exploring, networking is vital to business growth and new clientele. Below are 5 methods that you can use to successfully network.
1. Social Media – LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter have become popular with both the billion dollar corporation and the newest entrepreneur. This is an easy and cheap way to develop an online presence, and introduce yourself and your company to potential clients or mergers.
2. Become involved with your college alumni – College Alumni Associations provide excellent opportunities to network. A common bond can be instant between you those who graduated from your Alma Mauder. Several alumni organizations meet nationally. Check with the college or university that you graduated from to find a local group that you can join.
3. Specialized Business Groups – There are several specialized business groups created to bring CEOs of successful companies together to network and share business ideas. Many of these groups meet monthly or annually, and provide members with ideas to grow their companies.
4. Charitable Dinners or Events – Several organizations put on dinner events and galas to raise money for charitable causes. These events generally draw an audience that is likewise looking for other individuals to network with.
5. Industry Conferences and Workshops – Most industries have conferences and workshops where continuing education can be obtained. For example, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants puts on several conferences during the year for CPAs to receive continuing education credits. Industry conferences allow individuals in the same field to come together to learn, share ideas and meet prospective mergers. There are several other places that individuals can look to network. Begin by starting your networking search in your local community.
We hope you found this article about “5 Ways to Successfully Network” helpful. If you have questions or need expert tax or family office advice that’s refreshingly objective (we never sell investments), please contact us or visit our Family office page or our website at www.GROCO.com. Unfortunately, we no longer give advice to other tax professionals gratis.
To receive our free newsletter, contact us here.
Subscribe our YouTube Channel for more updates.
Alan Olsen, is the Host of the American Dreams Show and the Managing Partner of GROCO.com. GROCO is a premier family office and tax advisory firm located in the San Francisco Bay area serving clients all over the world.
Alan L. Olsen, CPA, Wikipedia Bio
GROCO.com is a proud sponsor of The American Dreams Show.
The American Dreams show was the brainchild of Alan Olsen, CPA, MBA. It was originally created to fill a specific need; often inexperienced entrepreneurs lacked basic information about raising capital and how to successfully start a business.
Alan sincerely wanted to respond to the many requests from aspiring entrepreneurs asking for the information and introductions they needed. But he had to find a way to help in which his venture capital clients and friends would not mind.
The American Dreams show became the solution, first as a radio show and now with YouTube videos as well. Always respectful of interview guest’s time, he’s able to give access to individuals information and inspiration previously inaccessible to the first-time entrepreneurs who need it most.
They can listen to venture capitalists and successful business people explain first-hand, how they got to where they are, how to start a company, how to overcome challenges, how they see the future evolving, opportunities, work-life balance and so much more..
American Dreams discusses many topics from some of the world’s most successful individuals about their secrets to life’s success. Topics from guest have included:
Creating purpose in life / Building a foundation for their life / Solving problems / Finding fulfillment through philanthropy and service / Becoming self-reliant / Enhancing effective leadership / Balancing family and work…
MyPaths.com (Also sponsored by GROCO) provides free access to content and world-class entrepreneurs, influencers and thought leaders’ personal success stories. To help you find your path in life to true, sustainable success & happiness. It’s mission statement:
In an increasingly complex and difficult world, we hope to help you find your personal path in life and build a strong foundation by learning how others found success and happiness. True and sustainable success and happiness are different for each one of us but possible, often despite significant challenges.
Our mission at MyPaths.com is to provide resources and firsthand accounts of how others found their paths in life, so you can do the same.
Big Brother is watching. Always watching. In this case, Big Brother is the IRS and you might be surprised what they’re looking into now. Although, when it comes to the IRS, nothing should surprise us. Have you ever heard of Bitcoin? It’s one of a handful of virtual currencies that making buying and selling things…
It seems like every year at this time the conversations start to creep up in the media regarding which tax breaks will be renewed and which breaks will get the permanent axe. This year is no different as Congress already let more than 50 such tax breaks expire at the end of 2013. Now the…
Are you a collector? Have you ever wondered if you could donate the items you collect to a charity auction for tax break purposes? If you are considering this scenario, there are some things you should know. The first thing you need to make sure of is that the charity you are considering is actually…
Almost no one can choose when he or she will die, but everyone can choose how his or her assets will be handled when that time comes. It’s really just a matter of having a current and effective estate plan in place before you go. Estate planning is a wide subject with many aspects; and…