Identify Your Firm’s Future Leaders
Identify your firm’s future leaders; leaders are increasingly being asked to identify the emerging leaders in their organizations.
To help in this process, we recently examined 360-degree performance appraisal data on more than 120 emerging leaders from 18 North American companies to see what leadership competencies ranked as important in selecting internal associates for leadership roles.
Here are the top five competencies for emerging leaders:
1. Effective at collaboration.
- Assist others in the completion of their tasks to support the team goals.
- Build and maintain cooperative work relationships with others.
- Listen to and value the input of others.
- Effectively collaborate in meetings and in informal interactions.
2. Deliver consistent and collective results.
- Work on the right tasks by ensuring they know their top deliverables and those of the team.
- Finish what they start.
- Assume personal responsibility for achieving outcomes under their purview.
- Actively lend their support to others to help ensure team success.
3. Manage their and others’ time.
- Use technology to effectively track and steer their work and that of the team.
- Develop contingency plans in anticipation of possible problems and adverse consequences.
4. Effective in relationship management.
- Make the effort to understand and meet the needs of others.
- Personalize work relationships to facilitate productive and collaborative work settings.
5. Active meeting contributors.
- Prepare beforehand, reviewing the agenda and selecting in advance where they will make a contribution to the agenda.
- Listen openly to the ideas of others and give feedback in a constructive way.
- Volunteer and accept action items resulting from the outcome of the meeting.
Source: AICPA CPA Insider http://www.CPA2biz.com.. The following includes excerpts, reproduced with permission, from an article by Robert Denker, Ph.D.
We hope you found this article about “Identifying Your Firm’s Future Leaders” helpful. If you need expert tax or family office advice that’s refreshingly objective (we never sell investments), please contact us or visit our Family office page or our website at www.GROCO.com. Unfortunately, we no longer give advice to other tax professionals gratis.
To receive our free newsletter, contact us here.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more updates.
Alan Olsen, is the Host of the American Dreams Show and the Managing Partner of GROCO.com. GROCO is a premier family office and tax advisory firm located in the San Francisco Bay area serving clients all over the world.
Alan L. Olsen, CPA, Wikipedia Bio
GROCO.com is a proud sponsor of The American Dreams Show.
The American Dreams show was the brainchild of Alan Olsen, CPA, MBA. It was originally created to fill a specific need; often inexperienced entrepreneurs lacked basic information about raising capital and how to successfully start a business.
Alan sincerely wanted to respond to the many requests from aspiring entrepreneurs asking for the information and introductions they needed. But he had to find a way to help in which his venture capital clients and friends would not mind.
The American Dreams show became the solution, first as a radio show and now with YouTube videos as well. Always respectful of interview guest’s time, he’s able to give access to individuals information and inspiration previously inaccessible to the first-time entrepreneurs who need it most.
They can listen to venture capitalists and successful business people explain first-hand, how they got to where they are, how to start a company, how to overcome challenges, how they see the future evolving, opportunities, work-life balance and so much more..
American Dreams discusses many topics from some of the world’s most successful individuals about their secrets to life’s success. Topics from guest have included:
Creating purpose in life / Building a foundation for their life / Solving problems / Finding fulfillment through philanthropy and service / Becoming self-reliant / Enhancing effective leadership / Balancing family and work…
MyPaths.com (Also sponsored by GROCO) provides free access to content and world-class entrepreneurs, influencers and thought leaders’ personal success stories. To help you find your path in life to true, sustainable success & happiness. It’s mission statement:
In an increasingly complex and difficult world, we hope to help you find your personal path in life and build a strong foundation by learning how others found success and happiness. True and sustainable success and happiness are different for each one of us but possible, often despite significant challenges.
Our mission at MyPaths.com is to provide resources and firsthand accounts of how others found their paths in life, so you can do the same.
Successful Entrepreneurs Share Unique Qualities In the dynamic landscape of business, entrepreneurship stands as a beacon of innovation and change. Behind every successful venture lies an individual with a unique blend of qualities that propel them toward success. Whether it’s a tech startup disrupting an industry or a small local business thriving in a competitive…
Tom Wheelwright sits down with Alan Olsen, Host of the American Dreams show to discuss tax free wealth. Transcript: Alan Olsen Welcome to America Dreams. My guest today is Tom wheelwright CPA, Tom, welcome to today’s show. Tom Wheelwright Thanks, Alan. It’s really always good to be with you. Alan Olsen I am really excited…
Determining The Best & Worst States for Wealthy Retirees Can be Subjective Retirement marks a significant phase in life, offering a new world of opportunities and choices. One critical decision for affluent retirees is selecting the right state to enjoy their golden years. In this post, we’ll explore the 5 best and worst states for…